XO GOOD NOODLES
VIDEO TUTORIAL ON COOKING YOUR XO GOOD NOODLES
XOOOO GOOD NOODLES
a. 2 pots (One filled with water to boil the noodles, another for sauce)
b. Cold / ice water bath for noodles
c. 1 spatula (cooking XO sauce)
d. 1 pair of chopsticks / thongs
COOKING XO SAUCE
2.Heat a small pot/pan with 1tbsp of oil, over medium heat.
(Fill the other pot with water about half way and set it on high heat or medium heat with a lid, and allow the water to come to boil)
3. Add in all the seafood and stir to avoid sticking. Cook for a further 2-3mins
4. Add in the xo sauce and reduce the heat to medium low.
(At this point the sauce will be a little watery, cook it slowly till it thickens slightly)
5.Off the heat and set aside whilst you cook the noodles.
6. To cook the noodles prepare a pot of boiling water and a bowl with iced water to shock the noodles and stop them from cooking once they have boiled. And a strainer.
7. Once the water is boiling add in the noodles and cook for 3mins. Use a fork or tongs to spread the noodles so they don't stick.
Recommended cook time: 3 mins.
Options: 2m30s – firmer, 3m45s – Softer
8. Strain noodles from the boiling water into the bowl of iced water. Mix for about 30 seconds, strain from the iced water and place noodles on your desired plate.
9. Add the prepared xo sauce on top of the noodles and finish off with spring onions and fried shallots for garnish